Board Leadership Boot Camp
The Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation and Triangle Community Foundation. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send two board members to a series of six sessions from 8-10 a.m. held at The Frontier (800 Park Offices Drive, RTP, NC 27709). Substitute participants can be identified in case an attendance issue arises, but the two primary participants should agree to attend all sessions. The dates and session topics are as follows:
- February 26– Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- March 26 – The Effective Board
- April 11– Better Board Meetings
- April 30– Nonprofit Fundraising
- May 14– Financial Leadership
- June 11 – Nonprofit Sustainability
The Triangle Community Foundation, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation and Executive Service Corps (ESC) of the Triangle will deliberately select a diverse cohort of 25 nonprofits to attend the 2019 Spring Board Leadership Boot Camp, including factors such as mission, revenue, board size, leadership representation and location. The goal is to create an inclusive and welcoming space for all nonprofits, and we will prioritize nonprofits that represent diversity in all aspects.
Please complete this entire application by January 3 to be considered for the Boot Camp. Cohort selection will be announced on January 8.
Questions: Email ESC of the Triangle at email@example.com or call 919-294-9803