Board Leadership Boot Camp
The Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation and Triangle Community Foundation. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send two board members to a series of six sessions from 8-10 a.m. held at The Frontier (800 Park Offices Drive, RTP, NC 27709). Substitute participants can be identified in case an attendance issue arises, but the two primary participants should agree to attend all sessions. The dates and session topics are as follows:
- August 22– Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- September 11 – The Effective Board
- October 10– Better Board Meetings
- October 23– Nonprofit Fundraising
- November 14– Financial Leadership
- December 4 – Nonprofit Sustainability
The Triangle Community Foundation, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation and Executive Service Corps (ESC) of the Triangle will deliberately select a diverse cohort of 25 nonprofits to attend the 2018 Fall Board Leadership Boot Camp, including factors such as mission, revenue, board size, leadership representation and location. The goal is to create an inclusive and welcoming space for all nonprofits, and we will prioritize nonprofits that represent diversity in all aspects.
Please complete this entire application by August 3 to be considered for the Boot Camp. Cohort selection will be announced on August 8.
Questions: Email Anne Saffer, ESC of the Triangle Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-294-9803
Registration for the 2018 Fall Boot Camp is closed. Check back early next year for information about the 2019 Spring Boot Camp.