SPOTS OPEN NOW FOR SPRING 2018!
Board Leadership Boot Camp
The ESC Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, Triangle Community Foundation and Youth Forward. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
Nonprofits are invited to sign up for the Spring 2018 Board Leadership Boot Camp now!
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send two board members to a series of six sessions from 8-10 a.m. held at The Frontier (800 Park Offices Drive, RTP, NC 27709). Light breakfast snacks will be provided. Substitute participants can be identified in case an attendance issue arises, but the two primary participants should agree to attend all sessions. The dates and session topics are as follows:
- February 27th – Session 1: Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- March 27th – Session 2: The Effective Board
- April 10th – Session 3: Better Board Meetings
- May 1st – Session 4: Nonprofit Fundraising
- May 15th – Session 5: Financial Leadership
- June 12th – Session 6: Nonprofit Sustainability
The fee for the program is a $250 deposit that is 100% refundable upon completion of the series. For more information, please email or call Anne Saffer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-294-9803.
If you are interested, please fill out the interest form below.