Board Leadership Boot Camp
The ESC Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, Triangle Community Foundation and Youth Forward. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
The Fall 2017 Board Leadership Boot Camp is full, but stay tuned for future opportunities!
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send two board members to a series of six sessions from 8-9:30 a.m. held at RTP Headquarters (12 Davis Drive, RTP, NC 27709). Light breakfast food will be provided. Substitute participants can be identified in case an attendance issue arises, but the two primary participants should agree to attend all sessions. The dates and session topics are as follows:
- August 22nd – Session 1: Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- September 12th – Session 2: The Effective Board
- October 3rd – Session 3: Better Board Meetings
- October 24th – Session 4: Nonprofit Fundraising
- November 7th – Session 5: Financial Leadership
- December 5th – Session 6: Nonprofit Sustainability
The fee for the program is a $250 deposit that is 100% refundable upon completion of the series. For more information, please email or call ESC Executive Director Trudy Smith at email@example.com or 919-641-9173.