Board Leadership Boot Camp
The ESC Board Leadership Boot Camp program is a series of sessions designed to inform nonprofit board leadership about best practices in critical areas that will impact board effectiveness. The program is a collaborative offering made possible by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Foundation, Triangle Community Foundation and Youth Forward. The series is aimed at board chair-elects or members who are key to board leadership, and the goals are to:
- Strengthen the performance of nonprofit boards of directors
- Increase understanding of roles
- Promote better board leadership through increased knowledge.
The Spring 2017 Board Leadership Boot Camp is full, but stay tuned for future opportunities!
Each nonprofit’s commitment is to send two board members to an orientation plus a series of six sessions from 8-9:30 a.m. held at RTP Headquarters (12 Davis Drive, RTP, NC 27709). Light breakfast food will be provided. Substitute participants can be identified in case an attendance issue arises, but the two primary participants should agree to attend all sessions. The dates and session topics are as follows:
- February 21st – Orientation (Note: Executive directors and all board participants are invited to attend.)
- March 14th – Session 1: Dimensions of Nonprofit Leadership (Note: Executive directors are also invited to attend this session.)
- April 5th – Session 2: The Effective Board (Board Structure, Function, Engagement and Governance)
- April 26th – Session 3: Better Board Meetings
- May 17th – Session 4: Nonprofit Fundraising
- June 7th – Session 5: Financial Leadership – What a Board Member Needs to Know
- June 28th – Session 6: Keeping Your Board Safe (Avoiding Common Agency Pitfalls)
The fee for the program is a $250 deposit that is 100% refundable upon completion of the series. For more information, please email or call ESC Executive Director Trudy Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-641-9173.